Forums » General Piano Discussion

The funniest and/or most embarrassing moment as a musician

• July 8, 2013 9:51 PM EDT

What has been the funniest and/or most embarrassing moment for you as a musician?

This post was edited by Melvin Llord at July 8, 2013 10:33 PM EDT
    • 57 posts
    July 8, 2013 10:31 PM EDT

This was like 20 years ago, i was playing in a concert with Wilkins, sharing stage with Marc Anthony and some other big stars...  I started the song on the wrong key.. ouch. That was embarrassing, but fortunately most of them knew me and just laughed about it... I didnt get fired lol

This post was edited by Melvin Llord at July 8, 2013 10:35 PM EDT
  • July 9, 2013 8:51 AM EDT

In 1969 I was still a student at IAU but already had my band. We played on a local TV program, and the producer wanted to begin the program with a Puerto Rican danza, and asked me to do it at the piano. At that time, my danza repertorie was very limited and in a few programs I had already played all the ones I knew. For the next program I didn't want to repeat any of them, so I decided to play "No me toques", which I could play but had not memorized very well. I played the notes flawlessly, but I couldn't find the bridge that lead to the end, and I kept repeating the third part several times! That was before video-tape, so it was a live performance. Finally, my memory came back and I could finish it, but it was the longest danza ever! LOL!